Seven truths about myself that I can’t ignore
Over my years of fitness and wellness there are seven solid truths about myself that I choose not to ignore. If I do ignore these points my body, mind and fitness take the hit.
1. Morning workouts are a must. If I don't work out in the morning, there's a 90 per cent chance that I won't work out at all that day.
2. A gallon of water is a must. If I fail to drink this amount or more (bathrooms breaks are lower of course, LOL) I feel sluggish and my face will eventually break out and I'll think I'm hungry when I'm just thirsty.
3. If I don't commit to something non fitness-related every week, I feel unbalanced and mentally drained. An outing with friends or family is the probable choice.
4. If I drink alcohol (three or more drinks), the next day is not very productive and mental toughness is required to accomplish a workout.
5. If I don't buy the required healthy foods for the household, there's a 50 per cent chance that I won't eat at all for the day or … pizza will be ordered and delivered.
6. If I don't meal prep, I will likely not eat for the day and when hungry will order pizza. Yup. Pizza again.
7. If I don't feel like working out, that's more reason I push myself to workout … literally talk to myself and do the workout.
These are just seven things I choose not to ignore when I have big goals in mind or when I'm doing a self-check, trying to figure out why I feel a certain way. It's my personal checklist.
During this journey it's very important to spend time knowing yourself and learning your personal checklist. Be honest with yourself because that's really how you achieve greatness. It's important to accept your truths and stand firm.
People have their own truths and their journey will look drastically different to yours. Respect that and move accordingly.
What are your seven truths? Write them down and never ignore these truths as you manoeuvre though your fitness and wellness journey.
Be honest with your efforts, be true to your journey and remain unapologetic about how you choose to live it.
Remember your seven truths!
Dre Hinds is a retired track and field athlete who is now a personal trainer, aerobic and yoga instructor and fitness “addict”. Contact her on: email@example.com, 599-0412 or @Absbydre on Facebook and Instagram