Former Mexican leader Calderón in Bermuda
Some 350 people, including Governor George Fergusson, turned out this morning for a keynote speech by former President of Mexico Felipe Calderón at the 2013 Capital G Private Wealth Conference at the Fairmont Southampton.
He was introduced by Capital G CEO Ian Truran.
Mr Calderón said the world was still facing a tough economic time, with the Eurozone still at risk, the US employment still to recover and a slowdown in the emerging economies of India, China and Brazil.
"It is still a time of crisis, but it also means opportunities for those who embrace them."
The conference is comprised of an interactive panel discussion and seminars led by industry leaders, and will offer the opportunity for valuable dialogue on the issues currently affecting Wealth Management professionals and private investors.
President Calderón will be joined by an array of financial experts in the wealth management industry, including Jonathan Dahl, senior editor of the Wall Street Journal; Minister of Finance Bob Richards, James Gibbons, chairman of Capital G Bank; and Peter Hughes, group managing director of APEX Fund Services. The panellists will discuss the state of global economics and markets.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service