Lahey Hospital and BMSG working together
Lahey Hospital will soon be providing specialist care at the Bermuda Medical Specialities Group clinic on Reid Street.
Officials at BMSG announced an agreement with the Massachusetts hospital today.
Lahey medical experts will see endocrinology, allergy and immunology, and neurology patients, among others.
“The goal at BMSG is to provide access to international level medical services here, on-island in Bermuda while aiming to reduce costs and improve outcomes,” Arlene Basden, BMSG medical director, said.
“We started first with Peter Schwartz (cosmetic plastic surgeon), body plethysmography (the gold standard for lung and breathing issues), and are about to launch our non-invasive vascular lab (identification of circulation disease which will lead to reduction in amputations).”
Dr Basden said Lahey is no stranger to Bermuda.
“Lahey has been a member of the Bermuda healthcare community for over two decades, providing high quality care to the people of Bermuda,” she said.
“Our new agreement with Lahey represents our commitment to ensuring that an even wider range of affordable, high quality care is readily available in Bermuda without patients having to incur the costs and stress of travelling overseas.”
Richard Nesto, interim CEO, chief medical officer Lahey Health, said: “Lahey Hospital and Medical Centre has chosen to partner with BMSG to help us provide high-quality speciality care on the Island. BMSG's state of the art facilities provide the ideal setting for the people of Bermuda to receive care from our world-renowned physicians.”
BMSG currently provides a range of primary care, specialist, and subspecialist services including cardiology, neurology, rheumatology, pulmonology, endocrinology, asthma, allergy, cosmetic plastic surgery and nutrition. BMSG also provides diagnostic and testing services for each speciality.
For more information see www.bermudamedical.com or call 541-2674
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service