New restaurant Auròra to open this week
A new fine dining seafood restaurant will officially open at the Newstead Hotel, in Paget, on December 10.
Auròra, which means sunrise, is a sister restaurant to Blu Bar & Grill and will be offering “a new ocean to table concept offering fresh seafood dishes along with meat, vegetarian and vegan options”.
The new restaurant takes the place of Beau Rivage Restaurant and Bar, which closed earlier this year.
Costanzo DiMeglio, general manager of Auròra, said: “We are very excited with the opening of Auròra. Just like the name, we feel it is the dawn of a new day and are very optimistic about the future. The main ingredients are amazing views, fresh seafood and excellent service.”
He added: “We have completely redesigned the restaurant creating a light, airy backdrop in blue hues that complement the stunning views overlooking the harbour. Phase one is the opening of Auròra on December 10, and in the spring we will complete phase two, which involves an exciting fresh seafood bar next to the pool along with a private meeting and dining space called The Cove. We are extremely grateful to the owners Larry and Karen Doyle for this wonderful opportunity and look forward to working with the hotel’s general manager Bushara Bushara.”
Several Bermudian staff who were made redundant from other restaurants and hotels have been hired to work at Auròra together with seasoned professionals from Blu.
Mr Costanzo thanked the Bermudian companies and contractors who helped to transform the space over the past couple of months. Led by Michele Smith of OBMI, local firms include DeSilva Construction, Fine Woodworking, P&M Electric, Souza Carpets, Island Glass, Sash & Trim, Aberfeldy Nursery, Bermuda Blueprinting, Signworx, Decisions and Xcaliber Ltd.
Aurora is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For reservations call 232-8686 or e-mail email@example.com. Visit www.aurora.bm for menus and more information.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service