Closed store aims to relaunch online platform
Hamilton store & Partners intends to relaunch as an online business next year.
The boutique shop in the Vallis Building on Par-la-Ville Road, near the junction with Front Street, was run Andrea Sundt and her husband Peter Lapsley. It closed its doors a few weeks ago, four years after opening.
It was focused on designs, gifts, and jewellery made by Bermudian, Scandinavian, American and Australian designers.
The couple said: "We made the decision to pause & Partners and close our bricks and mortar space for a number of reasons, one was Covid and the lockdown, we were also finishing the intensive Ignite entrepreneurial programme and were expecting our first child in May 2020.
“We decided that in light of all of this and for the next steps in the business we needed to take a step back and reimagine our operating model, creating something that would work for us, our vendors and the challenges of a Covid/post-Covid economy.
“And while we are currently taking some time to adjust to parenthood we will be relaunching in the late spring of 2021 with primarily online offerings supplemented by short and medium term pop up shops focussing on local artisans."
The article has been updated to include an extended quote from the owners.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service