Georgia Fevriere joins Office of the Privacy Commissioner
Bermudian Georgia W Fevriere has been appointed to the senior leadership team at The Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Bermuda.
Ms Fevriere, who joins the organisation as assistant commissioner, will lead the operations unit for the office, with varied responsibilities for administration, project management, research, and policy development.
The PrivCom said Ms Fevriere possesses a wide range of skills from experience working in the fields of compliance, investment banking, public legal services, debt recovery, and insolvency. It added that she brings a wealth of experience managing local and overseas operations, as well as global policy functions.
Ms Fevriere holds qualifications in privacy, law, and insolvency. She is a graduate of Georgia State University and the University of Kent and is currently completing a Master of Science degree in policy analysis and global governance from the University of the West of Scotland.
Ms Fevriere said: "Bermuda is actively involved, like all governments around the globe, in developing a protective regime for their citizens' personal information. With the Commissioner and local organisations, I look forward to building a strong privacy culture across the island."
Privacy Commissioner Alexander White said: "I am thrilled to bring assistant commissioner Fevriere on board. Our team at PrivCom is our most important resource, particularly in these early days as we establish the foundations and governance for our work. Her diverse and deep knowledge and experience will be instrumental to our long-term success."
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service