Virtual forum on anti-workplace bullying law to be held next week
The Ministry of Labour is to hold a virtual forum on Facebook Live to discuss the issue of bullying and sexual harassment in the workplace.
Topics at the forum, to be held next Thursday at 6pm, will include what employers are doing to address bullying and sexual harassment, and how the ministry is striving to eliminate it, the ministry said.
Bermuda’s Employment and Labour Code, which consists of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act and the Employment Amendment (No 2) Act, will come into force on Tuesday.
The amendments to employment legislation require all employers to have in place a zero tolerance policy statement for bullying and sexual harassment in the workplace, and recourse for employees for any contravention of the policy.
Effective Tuesday, the ministry said all employees must be presented with their employer’s bullying and sexual harassment policy statement.
Employers must also have procedures in place to assist employees in understanding their policy statement, the ministry said.
The ministry’s bullying and sexual harassment policy statement, created for employers to implement, is available to view in the resources section of the labour relations office page on www.gov.bm, the ministry said.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service