Popular hotel restaurants close for renovations
The restaurants at Lido Complex on the Elbow Beach Hotel property, a popular fixture on the island’s culinary scene since 1992, have closed until early March.
Eateries in the complex include Café Lido; Seabreeze Lounge and Terrace; and Mickey’s Beach Bistro, the latter of which was already closed because of hurricane damage that hampered access.
A posting on the Lido Complex Facebook page said it was “wrapping up for a short winter break”.
It added that Lido “will use the time to keep working on new goals, ambitious plans and aspirations for the season to come”.
The message continued: “We look forward to welcome you again through our doors soon and we commit not to settle for anything less than the best for you!
“To stay in touch and get exciting updates on our reopening date and more, follow us on our social-media pages.”
A spokeswoman for MEF Limited, which operates the restaurants, said: “Lido Complex is closed for a short period in the quiet winter months in order to do some necessary renovations and improve the facility for the coming season.
“We apologise to our clients for any inconvenience this may cause but look forward to reopening in early March.”
• UPDATE: this story has been amended to confirm that Lido will reopen in early March, not the end of March
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service