LOM doubles profit on investment gains
LOM Financial Limited’s net profit for the year doubled to $9,510,119 as it enjoyed favourable returns on securities that the company owned.
In a letter to shareholders, chairman and CEO Scott Lines said that the full-year 2021 profits were an increase over the $4,795,662 profits declared in 2020 as a result of an extraordinary $7.1 million realised gain on securities.
Mr Lines added: “Pleasingly, our underlying profits before the extraordinary gains in 2020 and 2021 rose 19 per cent year on year, from just shy of $2 million to $2.36 million.
“This is the important metric, as it is extremely unlikely that the extraordinary profits recorded in 2021 will reoccur this year.”
Revenues had the following year-on-year changes in 2021:
• Management and advisory fee revenues rose 29 per cent to $7.164 million (29 per cent of revenues).
• Broking fees rose 17 per cent to $7.506 million (31 per cent of revenues).
• Net interest earnings fell 33 per cent to $553,135 (2.2 per cent of revenues).
• Foreign exchange revenues rose 30 per cent to $752,874 (3 per cent of revenues).
• Gains on securities held in inventory showed a profit of $7.141 million.
• Total revenues rose 39 per cent to $24,493,484.
Costs for the group had the following year-on-year changes:
• Employee compensation costs rose 8 per cent to $4.65 million.
• Commission and referral fees rose 27 per cent to $5.7 million.
• Total operating costs rose 17 per cent to $14.98 million.
On other financial measures, LOM reported:
• Assets under administration were $1.62 billion as of December 31, 2021 compared with $1.27 billion at the end of 2020.
• Fully diluted net income per common share was $1.84.
• Net equity of $33.6 million.
• A net return on equity of 39 per cent in 2021.
• Held cash and equivalents at year-end of $18.3 million, representing 55 per cent of shareholder equity.
• Book value as at December 31, 2021 was $6.50 per share.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service