Devonshire drive-through restaurant opening
Fifty new jobs could be created when a new drive-through restaurant opens at 95 Middle Road, Devonshire, the site of a former mini mart.
The new venture is part of a strategy through an investment group branded Food Hub, being led by entrepreneur Marico Thomas.
A spokesman said the restaurant would be open in about six weeks and “operations and designs would be based on drive-through restaurants across North America”.
The property comprises a large enough lot for parking. Patrons will drive around the building, select items, pay and pick up an order, without the need to leave their car.
A large three-panel menu board for ordering is followed by a payment window, and then a separate window for collecting the food.
The spokesman said: “When open, we will be serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
“Right now we are finishing off bits and pieces on the inside. The walls are done, the ceilings are in, and the floors are finished. Now, we are getting a few electrical outlets and network installations done.
“We have started moving equipment in and next, landscaping will soon commence. We will be adding trees and other plants to make the property look even more attractive than it already is.
“We are proud of what we have done. We hope that everyone comes by to have a look. The Drive Thru is located just before Ornamental Ironworks in the space previously used as a grocery/minimart.”
In a few weeks, 40 to 50 jobs will be announced and applications made available.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service