Bermuda is ‘most expensive nation on Earth’
Bermuda has again topped an international list of most expensive places to live.
In an article by The Independent, Bermuda came first in a list of the 21 most expensive places in the world, beating New York, Switzerland and Hong Kong.
“The Atlantic Ocean tax haven of Bermuda is officially the most expensive nation on earth, with the country's capital Hamilton also the most expensive individual city on the planet,” the article stated.
The list is based on assessments by MoveHub, which analyses price of groceries, transport, bills, restaurants and how much renting somewhere to live is.
Using an index in which New York — a notoriously expensive city — is scored at 100, Bermuda was scored at 126.34.
Comparatively, Switzerland topped European destinations with 90.68, while Hong Kong was the most expensive destination in Asia scoring 81.93.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service