Cancer charity cancels Christmas fundraiser
A charity that provides home care for cancer patients will not hold its usual Christmas event this year, it was announced today.
Pals said it decided to cancel its 40th Holiday Fair because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
A Pals spokeswoman said: “We receive no government grants and rely solely on events such as this, but we also take the wellbeing of our community very seriously.”
The event, held at the Pals headquarters on Point Finger Road, Hamilton in normal times, invited the public every year to enjoy baked goods and buy from its thrift stores and vendors.
The event culminated in a raffle draw.
The spokeswoman said that the raffle draw will still take place and will be live-streamed on the charity’s Facebook page, with the winners to be announced the next day.
She asked that anyone who had planned to attend to donate to the charity instead.
The spokeswoman said: “We truly appreciate our supporters and donors, especially during 2020 when cancer has not been at the forefront of people's minds.”
The raffle will be held on December 12 at 3pm.
To donate, visit the Pals website at www.pals.bm or phone 236-7257.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service