Public holiday trash collection changes
Trash collection schedules will change next week and the following week to accommodate public holidays.
A spokesman for the Ministry of Public Works said that waste usually collected on Wednesdays and Thursdays will be collected only on Wednesday next week.
Trash will not be collected on Christmas Day and anyone who usually puts their garbage out on a Friday will have it collected on December 24 instead.
The spokesman added that all other waste collection will be unchanged next week.
He explained: “For the week of December 28, Monday’s waste will be collected on Tuesday, Tuesday’s waste collected on Wednesday and Wednesday’s waste collected on Thursday.
“Thursday and Friday’s waste will be collected on Saturday allowing for the observance of New Year’s Day on January 1.”
The spokesman said that recycling for parishes in the west will be collected on December 31 and for those in the east it will be collected on January 2.
He added: “Please place your garbage and recyclables out for collection on your assigned day only.”
Public drop-off hours for the Tynes Bay Waste Facility will be:
• December 25 – closed
• December 28 – 9am to midday
• January 1 – 9am to midday
The schedule for Christmas tree collections is:
• Western parishes – all areas west of Tee Street, pickups will be made on January 16
• Eastern parishes – all areas east of Tee Street, including Pembroke Parish, collections will be made on January 23.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service