Staying fit on the road
I'm on the road at the moment visiting LA but this doesn't mean I have an excuse not to train or keep active — and neither should you when you're out of town!
I have to admit, I'm not a fan of hotel gyms though. I swear, whoever designs hotel gyms has never actually set foot in a fitness facility or worked out in their life! Why do they think a ‘gym' constitutes four treadmills, four ellipticals, a Swiss ball and some mismatched sets of dumbbells?! *sigh*
When I'm travelling and have limited equipment and space, I keep my workouts short and intense, but most crucially I keep them simple.
This was my workout this morning. I used practically no equipment except a bench. And the best bit, it took about 25 minutes and had me sweating like a beast! So now you have no excuses, why not give it a go next time you're out of town?
10 x pop squats
10 x hand release push-ups
10 x jump squats
10 x triceps dips
10 x plank thrusters
10 x butterfly crunches
PS: I only used the dumbbell for posing purposes!
Becky Wright is a qualified personal trainer, nutritional therapist and international bikini fitness champion. She has worked with clients worldwide, including royalty. Contact her on www.inspire-fit ness-coaching.com
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service