Students can start new MBA programme in Bermuda
The University of Hartford has a new programme where students can start their MBA in Bermuda and finish in the US.
“We believe this flexible arrangement allows potential students the option to start the one-year MBA at home by completing the core courses online, then join us for one year to complete the remainder of the degree,” said assistant dean Dr Annette Rogers.
The university has a 350-acre campus in Hartford, Connecticut.
“We believe the convenience of classes, approximately every other week, may allow students the option to travel back and forth, so that they can retain their full time jobs while pursuing their education,” she added. “For those who prefer, they may stay in Connecticut for the duration of the programme.”
Dr Rogers said enrollment was on the rise.
“Several years ago when the economy started to decline we saw a dip in enrollments,” she said. “Enrollments are picking up again, I sense people are feeling the economy is improving. This is causing many to look at their futures and prepare to position themselves.”
The University of Hartford counts many Bermudians as alumni of its Barney School of Business.
The school offers students the option to obtain their MBA in just 12 months. Candidates for the degree typically include those pursuing a management career, as well as those at mid-career and those contemplating a change from a technic
al or specialised field into a general management role.
Class sizes are generally 25 students and run Thursdays from 5pm to 9pm, and Saturdays from 8pm to 12pm and 1pm to 5pm.
Tuition for the one year programme is $26,400 total for fall, spring and summer semesters.
The online courses are $1,740 each plus registration fee and technology fee.
The university is hosting an information session on Monday, March 19, from 5.30pm to 6pm at the Argus Building on the fourth floor in the Spirit of Bermuda room.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service