The Reefs makes Travel + Leisure world’s best hotels list
Travel + Leisure Magazine’s list of the World’s Best Hotels for 2012 is out and one Bermuda hotel is on it.
For the fifth year in a row, The Reefs was named one of the top hotels in the Caribbean. This year marks the tenth anniversary for the list and the ninth time The Reefs has been on it.
The magazine’s editors spoke highly of the south shore resort’s ‘dramatic views’ and even recommended a particular room to book.
“Room 316 (Vertigo) is located on the hotel’s highest point,” the magazine wrote. “The views are some of the best on the Island.”
The magazine also gave a handy ‘insider tip’ to prospective visitors: “Borrow one of the resort’s four complimentary Flip Video cameras to capture memories.”
Nagma Walker, general manager of The Reefs, said making the list is an honour. “It’s a tribute to the work of our dedicate staff members who are the face of The Reefs to our guests,” she said.
Ms Walker hopes the publicity will help the resort and its La Serena Spa as the 2012 tourist season approaches.
“Recognition by the prestigious Travel + Leisure Magazine as the only Bermuda hotel on the T+L 500 definitely creates more awareness for The Reefs which we hope leads to increased bookings for the upcoming season.”
The Reefs’ sister property, the Nisbet Plantation Beach Club in Nevis, was rated the number one resort in the Caribbean and was also ranked 15th on the list’s Top 25 in the world. This is the second year in a row that Nisbet Plantation was the top resort in the Caribbean.
Each year, Travel and Leisure readers vote on thousands of hotels based on their rooms, location, service, food and value. This year’s winners are a mix of remote escapes and city hotels. A record 133 of them have rates that start as low as $250 a night.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service