Top cybersecurity expert to speak at event
A global cybersecurity leader and former high-level official on cyber matters at the US Department of Justice will be the headline keynote speaker at a cyber-risk conference in Bermuda.
Luke Dembosky has been lined up for the International Cyber Risk Management Conference, which will be staged on the island in December.
He joins a number of world-class cyber leaders that will be speaking at the event including Silicon Valley and Wall Street CISOs, global cyber leaders from insurance and industry, along with regulators and technology trailblazers.
Mr Dembosky is partner and co-chair of cybersecurity and data privacy practice at Debevoise & Plimpton, based in the firm's Washington D.C. office.
His keynote address will cover cutting edge issues in cybersecurity and data privacy and how senior management and boards of directors should think about them. The conference will focus on cyber-risk management with perspectives on evolving corporate needs and risk transfer approaches.
Joel Baker, chief executive officer of MSA Research, producers of the conference, said Luke's “considerable experience with the US Department of Justice is especially relevant given the international environment of sophisticated state-sponsored cyberattacks”.
Mr Dembosky joined Debevoise in 2016 after serving as Deputy Assistant Attorney General for National Security at the DOJ, where he oversaw all national security cyber cases, and was the first to manage a new “National Asset Protection” portfolio covering cybersecurity, economic espionage, export control and foreign investment review matters, giving him responsibility over a wide range of technology-related threats.
He has been involved in leading the DOJ's response to many of the largest cyber incidents in recent years, serving as the senior DOJ official on the Target, Sony Pictures, Home Depot, Anthem and OPM breaches, among many others.
Mr Dembosky also received the Attorney General's Distinguished Service Award for leading the operation to dismantle the GameOver Zeus botnet that caused hundreds of millions of dollars in losses to the US financial sector. He participated in the negotiation of a 2013 cyber accord with Russia and the historic five-point agreement signed by President Obama and President Xi Jinping of China in 2015, and has co-represented the DOJ in cyber discussions at the United Nations.
He was featured in Cybersecurity Docket's 2018 “Incident Response 30,” the publication's annual list featuring the 30 top data breach response lawyers, and was named by the National Law Journal to its 2016 list of “Cybersecurity Trailblazers.” He is also recognised as a leader in the industry by The Legal 500 US and Chambers USA 2018, and is a member of the International Bar Association's first Presidential Cyber Task Force.
ICRMC Bermuda Session highlights will include:
• Current cyber-risk trends and how they're impacting services and offerings
• Strength through information sharing within the global financial services arena
• The CISO perspective
• Cyber insurance pricing, underwriting, modelling and reserving
• From blockchain to cryptocurrency — cybersecurity implications
• Employing AI in cyber-risk management
• ICRMC Bermuda will takes place on December 6 and 7, at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club. The early bird registration deadline is September 30. Conference programming and registration can be found at: http://bermuda.icrmc.com/
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service