Your second chance to see two popular films from festival
The Bermuda Documentary Film Festival is offering another opportunity to see two popular films from last month’s festival.
‘The Loving Story’ and ‘The Central Park Five’ will screen again this Sunday.
‘The Loving Story’ tells the story of a mixed-race couple whose marriage was declared illegal by the courts in 1958. They fought back and America’s laws against interracial marriage were struck down in 1967.
‘The Central Park Five’ tells the story of five black and Latino teenagers from Harlem who were arrested and charged with brutally attacking and raping a white female jogger in Central Park. The five spent years in prison for a crime they didn’t commit before the truth about what really happened became clear.
The films will show in TradeWinds Auditorium at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute, with ‘The Loving Story’ at 3pm, and ‘The Central Park Five’ at 5.15pm. Trailers of the films are available at www.bermudadocs.com. Tickets are $15, available at the Oceans Gift Shop at BUEI or by calling 297-7314.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service