Car hits utility pole
A Devonshire woman was hurt after her car crashed into a utility pole on Middle Road in Southampton on Sunday.
According to a police spokeswoman, at around 5.25am that day, officers responded to the reported collision near the junction with Newport Gardens.
“The driver, a 36-year-old Devonshire woman, was injured and apparently treated at King Edward VII Memorial Hospital,” the spokeswoman said.
The incident was the second single vehicle crash recorded over the weekend. At around 5.40am on Saturday, officers responded to a crash on North Shore Road in Smiths.
“It appears that a car was travelling along North Shore Road when it collided with a curb and overturned near the junction with Store Hill,” the spokeswoman said.
“The car was damaged but the driver, a 50-year-old Devonshire man, was not injured.”
The spokeswoman added that inquiries into both incidents are underway.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service