Car crashes down embankment
A Southampton man narrowly escaped serious injury after his car crashed and rolled down an embankment near The Reefs hotel.
According to a Police spokeswoman, at around 1.25am yesterday the vehicle, a yellow Peugeot, went off the road to the east of the Southampton resort’s car park, striking a palm tree and rolling down the bank.
Yesterday afternoon, a crew worked to recover the damaged vehicle.
The spokeswoman said: “It appears that a car was travelling along South Road near the junction with Tribe Road Number Three when it went over an embankment.
“The driver, a 30-year-old Southampton man received relatively minor injuries.”
Yesterday, police and first responders also attended a collision between a car and a motorcycle on Palmetto Road in Devonshire, causing traffic delays.
The spokeswoman said: “It appears the vehicles were travelling along Palmetto Road when they collided near the junction with Aeolia Drive.”
The driver of the car, a 68-year-old Warwick woman was not injured, but the motorcycle ricer, a 33-year-old Hamilton Parish woman was taken to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital for treatment.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service