Accountant Anthony Manders named financial secretary in Ministry of Finance
Anthony Manders has been appointed to the post of financial secretary in the Ministry of Finance, Cabinet Office announced.
Mr Manders has been the assistant financial secretary since March 2004.
Prior to that, he was one of two Assistant Accountant Generals in the Accountant General’s Department.
He has over 30 years experience in the accounting and finance field in both the private and public sectors.
As financial secretary Mr Manders will be responsible for the development of new financial economic and management policy recommendations, directly manage the Ministry headquarters and oversee and co-ordinate the work of the heads of department and the Budget office in the Ministry of Finance.
“Mr Manders has proven himself to be a capable, competent and dedicated senior civil servant. I have every confidence that he will carry out his role with integrity and at the highest standards,” said Civil Service head Donald Scott.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service