Par-la-Ville Park to be renamed Queen Elizabeth Park
Par-la-Ville Park is to be renamed Queen Elizabeth Park in honour of the Queen's diamond jubilee.
The City of Hamilton today announced it will host a renaming ceremony at the Park on Saturday April 21, in celebration of the Queen's diamond jubilee.
Mayor of Hamilton, Charles Gosling said: “It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that we get to celebrate the diamond jubilee of a Monarch.
"The City of Hamilton is pleased to announce it is fitting to mark this historic occasion by renaming Hamilton's premier park and recreational area, Par-la-Ville Park, in honor of Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II. The park will be called Queen Elizabeth Park.
“The City will host a formal renaming ceremony and plaque unveiling on Saturday, April 21 on the grounds of Par-la-Ville Park at 4pm.
"Formal invitations have been extended to community leaders and the general public, especially the residents of our city, are invited to attend. The occasion will be highlighted with a fanfare from the Bermuda Regiment and musical selections from the North Village Band.”
* What do you think? Should Bermuda be doing more to celebrate the Queen's diamond jubilee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service