PLP calls for aid for hurricane-hit Dominica
Walter Roban, the Shadow Minister of National Security, is calling on the Bermuda Government and the public to assist those in Dominica affected by Tropical Storm Erika.
“Another hurricane has brought devastation to the Caribbean region,” he said this evening. “According to the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency, Dominica has been significantly impacted by Tropical Storm Erika.
“Reports coming in are revealing there has been loss of life and damage to the country, which has set back its economy and will negatively impact employment and further strain the government in the rebuilding process.
“The PLP extends well wishes and prayers to Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerritt and the Government of Dominica, and all the affected families and communities of our Caricom partner. We also extend the same feelings to Dominicans residing here in Bermuda whose families may have been effected.
“We call on the Government of Bermuda to enquire officially with the Government of Dominica how Bermuda can provide support in any way to the Dominican people.
“Members of the public are encouraged to also check with relief agencies such as the Red Cross or the West Indian Association of Bermuda to find out how they might help.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service