BA customer details hacked
British Airways has launched an investigation after the financial and personal details of customers were hacked from its website and mobile app.
The airline said the theft of customer data was being investigated “as a matter of urgency”.
It added on its website that the stolen data did not include travel or passport details.
The airline said that the breach involved customer bookings made between August 21 and September 5.
It added that the matter “has been resolved and our website is working normally”.
British Airways said that police and other authorities have been notified.
The airline apologised for the “disruption that this criminal activity has caused”.
It added: “We take the protection of our customer's data very seriously.”
British Airways urged anyone who may have been affected by the hack to contact their bank or credit card provider.
The airline added that it would make direct contact with affected customers.
• For more information visit www.britishairways.com
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service