New executive director at BNG
The Trustees of the Bermuda Fine Art Trust (“Bermuda National Gallery”) are pleased to announce that Mr. Peter Lapsley has been selected as the BNG's new Executive Director.
Educated at Saltus Grammar School and St. Francis Xavier University, Canada, Lapsley's visual arts career spans over fifteen years in Bermuda and New York, including five years as Director of the Bermuda Society of Art. He went on to receive a Masters degree in Fine Art from Parsons School of Design in New York, where he then worked for seven years, going on to lead their Design and Fabrication Facilities Management Team prior to returning home to Bermuda. In addition, he undertook project management for two internationally recognized public artists in the US, taught at the City University of New York and exhibits his own artwork at the international level with representation by New York based gallery Victori+Mo.
Gary L. Phillips, BNG Chairman said,
“We feel that Peter's diverse and successful visual arts experience both in Bermuda and internationally as an artist, arts administrator, educator and non-profit director, make him an excellent advocate and Director for both the BNG, arts and culture in Bermuda. Following an exhaustive recruitment process, the Trustees are delighted that Peter has accepted this position and we look forward to working with him and the rest of the staff to further develop Bermuda's National Gallery”.
“I am deeply honoured to have been selected for the role of Executive Director of the Bermuda National Gallery. The BNG is an engaged and progressive cultural institution and I am thrilled to have this opportunity to work with the local donor and wider community to further enhance its relevance.”
• Press release from Bermuda National Gallery
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service