Mirrors SuperCamp holds closing ceremony
A six-day youth programme that focused on personal development has held its closing ceremony.
More than 100 people, including Michael Weeks, the Minister of Social Development and Sport, attended the event at the Mirrors SuperCamp junior forum.
Mr Weeks said: “SuperCamp is not a typical classroom or camp experience; it uses a structured curriculum to provide students with intensive personal development and learning strategies to be more effective learners.
“Students focused on the eight keys of excellence, productive communication strategies, academic success, and how to fuel their desire for personal excellence.”
The Mirrors SuperCamp junior forum event, designed to promote personal and academic development, was held at the Willowbank Resort & Conference Centre.
A total of 58 children aged 11 to 13 attended the camp and took part in activities designed to develop communication skills, learning strategies and personal integrity.
An integral part of the programme centred around Mirrors' “8-Key” philosophy, which the students were able to showcase during a “trade show” presentation before the closing ceremony.
Parents also joined the programme and completed a two-day workshop that focused on helping them to maintain and support their children.
Mr Weeks said: “I would like to send a heartfelt thank-you to the volunteers that have graciously given their time.
“Their passion to support the youth of Bermuda is one of the driving forces that makes this camp transformational for the young people.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service