Princess ready for ball hockey event
The Hamilton Princess & Beach Club said the hosting of a major ball hockey tournament hints at the potential of sports tourism on the island.
About 600 people are expected on the island for the International Street & Ball Hockey Federation's Masters Championship this week.
Tim Morrison, general manager at the Princess, the hotel partner for the event, said: “Sports tourism is an important and growing sector of Bermuda's tourism market and we are thrilled to be the official hotel partner for the Masters Championship.
“We hope that the public gets out to support the local team and to give visitors to the island the warm welcome for which Bermuda is so well known.”
The hotel will hosting special happy hour events to celebrate the event from Wednesday until Saturday at the Crown and Anchor, from 5pm until 7pm.
Countries competing in the tournament are Austria, Bermuda, Canada, Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Slovakia and the United States. Visitors include teams, support crews and friends and family.
Games will be played at Pembroke Community Centre Rink, Spanish Point, and a new rink at Pender Road, Dockyard.
Mathieu Desjardins of the Bermuda Ball Hockey Association said: “We are so proud to be hosting the World Masters Championship in Bermuda.
“The rinks are first class and located in beautiful surroundings, perfect for both guests and locals. We hope that the Bermudian public turn up at the games to root for their home team and to get a good look at sport.”
The schedule of games can be found at www.bermudahockey.com/schedule.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service