Belco backs Earth Hour event at Dockyard
The annual Earth Hour this weekend is to be again sponsored by power firm Belco.
Dennis Pimentel, the president of Belco, said the company was proud to join forces with environmental charity Greenrock for the annual event.
He added that energy efficiency was the theme for this year's Earth Hour.
Dockyard will host an Earth Hour Expo, which will feature energy-saving tips and information on efficient technologies from 4pm to 6pm.
A 5K fun run will set out from the Clock Tower Mall at 6pm and a 5K “walk and glow” will be held around Dockyard, as well as glow yoga, from 8.30pm to 9.30pm.
Mr Pimentel asked the public to turn their lights off at home for Earth Hour and commit to becoming more energy efficient.
A special ferry service to and from the Earth Hour event on Saturday will leave Hamilton at 6.15pm.
Ferries will run from Dockyard to Hamilton on the hour and from Hamilton to Dockyard on the half-hour until the final ferry leaves Dockyard at 11.30pm.
One-way ferry passes are $5 and return passes are $10.
Standard ferry passes, tickets and tokens are only valid during the regular ferry schedule between 9am and 6pm.
• Details and registration for all activities are available on the Greenrock website at greenrock.org
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service