Police still providing criminal record checks
The Bermuda Police Service advises members of the public that it continues to provide Criminal Records Checks at this time.
However, in response to the novel coronavirus disease, (COVID-19) pandemic, certain precautionary measures are in place at all police stations and offices in line with current government guidelines. This works to ensure we continue to provide service to the community whilst ensuring the safety and wellbeing of BPS staff and members of the public.
The following information will assist customers with the BPS criminal record check process:
• For general enquiries (including our online application process) please contact us at 247-1750 or email@example.com
• A ‘Drop Box' is located in the lobby of the Dame Lois Browne-Evans Building for customers who wish to physically submit their applications (Applicants MUST include; completed application form (SF 39), certified documents and proof of payment)
• Location: Dame Lois Browne-Evans Building, 58 Court Street, Hamilton HM 19, Bermuda
• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed 1:00pm-2:15pm)
• Our NEW ONLINE Criminal Record application (SF 39) can be found on our website: www.bermudapolice.bm which includes online banking instructions for ease of payment
• The BPS no longer accepts monetary payments (cash, cheque etc.) for Police Criminal Record applications. Physical payments can be made at the Government Cashiers located on the Ground Floor, Government Administration Building, Parliament Street, Hamilton.
• Turnaround time for processing applications, for which no issues are identified, has been extended to 15 working days.
• Certification of documents can be conducted at any police station.
Kindly refer to the Bermuda Police Service website for related advisories pertinent to entrance / attendance at all police buildings and offices (www.bermudapolice.bm). Your Bermuda Police Service stands ready to assist in these uncertain times and will maintain the highest standards of policing that you have come to expect from us. We urge you to do your part in helping us to do so, by please following these guidelines.
• Press release from the Bermuda Police Service