Open conversation on draft Electricity Bill
Members of the public have been invited to take part in an open conversation about the draft Electricity Bill 2015.
The event will provide information about the changes the new legislation will bring to the electricity sector.
Hosted by the Department of Energy, the evening will include a presentation by the director of the Department of Energy and a question and answer period.
Representatives from Castalia Advisors, the policy and legislative consultants to the Ministry of Economic Development, will also be in attendance.
The draft Bill contains information about the structure of the electricity sector, regulatory reform, and the responsibilities of the utility companies, independent power producers and end users.
It was presented to the House of Assembly on July 17, to allow the public the opportunity to review and submit comments by August 31.
This draft follows the National Electricity Sector Policy published in May.
The event will be held at Heritage Hall, 59 Dundonald Street on August 11 at 6pm.
• All documents can be downloaded from www.energy.gov.bm
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service