Information day on summer camps to be held for parents
Parents looking for the right summer camp for their children have been invited to an information day.
A camp expo event will be held on Sunday, March 26, at the Bermuda College gymnasium.
Owen Darrell, the Minister of Youth, Culture and Sport, told the Senate yesterday: “If there are any parents looking for camps for their children and don’t know where to start, we have a one-stop shop to ease parents’ needs.
“The expo’s purpose is to give parents of campers the opportunity to explore other camps and summer activities for their children.
“Parents can visit booths to receive information about camps that specialise in art, dance, sport, STEM and more.”
The annual summer camp initiative is now in its 52nd year, employs some 180 people and hosts hundreds of young people at sites across the island.
The Government is also looking for people willing to work at the summer camps.
Information on the camp expo for parents, and summer employment opportunities, can be found at www.youthandsport.bm or by calling 205-0855.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service