Monte Carlo Rendez-Vous cancelled for second year – The Royal Gazette | Bermuda News, Business, Sports, Events, & Community

Log In

Reset Password
BERMUDA | RSS PODCAST

Monte Carlo Rendez-Vous cancelled for second year

First Prev 1 2 Next Last
Off again: Monte Carlo Rendez-Vous has been cancelled for the second year running due to uncertainties over Covid-19 and travel restrictions.

One of the most anticipated events on the global re/insurance industry calendar has been cancelled for a second year running due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Rendez-Vous de Septembre, or Monte Carlo Rendez-Vous, has pulled the plug on its 2021 edition, which was scheduled for its normal September slot in the business calendar.

The event has been held in the principality of Monaco since 1957, but was cancelled last year due to the pandemic.

Organisers said they have cancelled this year’s event due to “major uncertainties regarding the health situation and various restrictions in terms of movement and assembly in September”.

The next conference has been scheduled for September 10-14, 2022.

Claude Tendil, president of the RVS, said: “The guiding principle behind this decision was above all the safety of the women and men invited to attend the RVS. The professional encounters and the quality of the discussions that take place in Monte Carlo are irreplaceable; we have faith in 2022.”

A large delegation from Bermuda traditionally attends the conference.

John Huff, president and chief executive officer of the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers, said: “Re/insurance remains a relationship business and in-person meetings will eventually return globally but the health and safety of market participants understandably drove the cancellation of this year’s Monte Carlo event.

“Bermuda government’s leading efforts to contain Covid-19, including large scale testing, contact tracing and now vaccinations, will mean on-island opportunities in the near term to maintain and build these re/insurance business relationships.”

John Huff, president and chief executive officer of the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers (Photograph supplied)

You must be registered or signed-in to post comment or to vote.

Published March 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm (Updated March 21, 2021 at 12:00 pm)

Monte Carlo Rendez-Vous cancelled for second year

What you
Need to
Know
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon