Vantage completes buildout of insurance platform
Bermudian-based Vantage Group Holdings Ltd has received a capital commitment of up to $200 million and has made an important acquisition.
Vantage, one of Bermuda’s Class of 2020 re/insurers, said that funds managed by Carlyle and Hellman & Freidman have committed up to an additional $200 million of capital to fund the continuing growth of the company, with the majority of the proceeds intended to take advantage of opportunities in its US insurance platform.
Carlyle and Hellman & Friedman, global investment firms with deep experience in the re/insurance industry, are lead investors in Vantage.
The company has also closed on the purchase of an admitted lines carrier, Vantage Risk Assurance Company — formerly known as Heritage Casualty Insurance Company — from Union Fidelity Life Insurance Company.
Vantage CEO Greg Hendrick said: “We are pleased to have closed on the purchase of Vantage Risk Assurance Company. Work is ongoing to complete the necessary filings to enable Vantage to offer admitted products later this year.”
Mr Hendrick added: “We are thrilled that our two majority shareholders have affirmed their commitment and belief in Vantage with their additional capital investment.
“Furthermore, our acquisition of an admitted lines carrier serves to complete the buildout of our insurance platform. We will have capabilities to assume risk on US admitted and non-admitted paper, as well as in our Bermuda entity.
“We are also pleased to be entering our second full year of reinsurance underwriting in Bermuda, having successfully launched that business in 2021. We look forward to continuing to expand the ways we are helping our clients and brokers solve their most pressing re/insurance challenges with this complete platform in place.”
Vantage offers a wide array of specialty re/insurance products covering global risks through its operating subsidiaries, including niche property and casualty classes.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service