Sompo shuffle to support growth
Bermudian-based Sompo International Holdings Ltd, the global re/insurer, has announced a strategic reorganisation of its insurance business.
The company said the following changes will be made effective from April 4 to better support Sompo International’s insurance organisation through the next phase of growth:
• Michael Chang has been named global head of customer and distribution management. In his new role, the company said, he will expand on the company’s strong customer focus and global key relationships and will report to James Shea, CEO, Sompo International.
• Julian James will oversee the newly named EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region in addition to commercial P&C oversight in Asia and Latin America and will continue to report to Chris Gallagher.
• Daniel Neo will lead the Asia Pacific region for all P&C commercial and consumer insurance in the region and will report to Mr Shea.
• Chris Sparro will oversee the newly created North America region (“Sompo North America”) which will include all P&C insurance in the US, Canada, Mexico and Bermuda regions and will continue to report to Chris Gallagher.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service