Vantage hires Andrew Lea to head new cyber unit
Bermudian-based Vantage Group Holdings Ltd has prepared for its entry into the cyber insurance market with a senior appointment.
Andrew Lea has joined Vantage as senior vice president of cyber liability, technology E&O, media and management professional liability insurance.
Through its operating subsidiaries, Vantage offers a wide array of specialty re/insurance products covering global risks, including niche property and casualty classes.
The company said Mr Lea brings extensive underwriting experience from senior-level underwriting roles with commercial insurance carriers including Zurich Insurance, Swiss Re and AIG, as well as some prior broking experience at Marsh.
Most recently, he was head of commercial E&O, cyber and media liability underwriting at CNA Insurance in Chicago.
Alex Blanco, Vantage chief executive of insurance, said: “We are very excited for Andy to join the Vantage team, particularly as we prepare to launch cyber and management professional liability products in the United States as key business expansion opportunities in 2022.
“Bringing onboard someone of Andy’s calibre and depth of risk insights will enable Vantage to effectively underwrite these risks for our client base. It will also facilitate our entry into the cyber insurance market at a time of unprecedented need for this protection.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service