Aspen Insurance signs UN-supported ESG pact
Bermudian-based Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited has become a signatory of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment.
An investor initiative in partnership with the UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative and UN Global Compact, the PRI is a global network of more than 5,000 organisations committed to integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into their investment decision-making and ownership policies.
Aileen Mathieson, Aspen group chief investment officer, said: “The six Principles for Responsible Investment align closely with Aspen’s ESG strategy and will provide an important framework for factoring in ESG issues into our investment analyses, processes, policies and practices for those asset classes where we are able to do so.”
In 2020, Aspen joined the UN Global Compact initiative, a voluntary leadership platform for the development and disclosure of responsible business practices.
The company said a key part of Aspen’s ESG strategy is to align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and participating in the UNGC initiative further enables the company to take meaningful action embodied in those goals.
Last year, Aspen was confirmed as a voluntary signatory to the UN Principles of Sustainable Insurance, and with this latest announcement of becoming a PRI signatory, Aspen said it has taken yet another important step in reaffirming its commitment to creating a more sustainable world.
Ms Mathieson added: “We look forward to growing investor interest in practicing responsible investment in support of a more sustainable society and are excited to be partnering with the PRI and other signatories to enhance their effectiveness in implementing the principles.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service