David Porter joins Miller Insurance
Miller Insurance, the independent specialist re/insurance broker, has appointed Bermuda market veteran David Porter to its team on the island.
Account executive Mr Porter will lead Miller’s casualty offering in Bermuda, with an additional focus on cyber, providing solutions for insureds domiciled in North America.
He will report into Miller’s head of US casualty, Mark West, and his appointment marks the latest expansion of Miller’s capabilities in Bermuda, the organisation said.
Mr Porter joins Miller from Ed Broking, where he was vice-president, casualty and head of cyber insurance in their Bermuda office.
As well as broking, Miller said, Mr Porter has extensive experience on the underwriting side, having spent time with Ace, AIG, and Aspen, with a particular focus on US construction and casualty business.
Mr West said: “I am delighted to welcome David to the team. He brings a wealth of cross class experience from both the underwriting and broking side of the business, and will play a key role as we continue to grow both in London and Bermuda.”
Mr Porter added: “Miller’s ambitious growth goals and in-house broking talent make it an exciting place to be. I’m looking forward to using my knowledge of the global marketplace to provide solutions for even the most complex needs of insureds.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service