Around the churches: join conference today
• Marsden United Methodist Church: Women’s tea and hat show at Rolando Hall, South Shore Road, Smith’s, from 3.30pm to 5pm. Entry is $15. Bring your Bermuda-grown, plant-material hats.
• Allen Temple AME Church: Join the Bermuda Conference East-West District’s Leadership Institute from 9.30am to 3pm with Rev Deyone Douglas of St John AME Church, Rev Lorne Bean of Richard Allen AME Church, and Rev Cyril Simmons of Ebenezer Methodist Church. Registration, $10, includes lunch. Certificates will be given to those who attend all three sessions. Register on 537-3467 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• House of Prayer International Ministries at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke will be holding their 2016 Annual Conference with services at 11.15am and 4pm. The speaker will be Rev Terry Hassell of Heard Chapel AME Church. Lunch will be served and refreshments in the afternoon. Additional parking at Victor Scott School with shuttle service to and from church. Contact 279-9643.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, (pink church on the corner of Church and Court Street), will be celebrating its 173rd Anniversary with a special service at 11am. There will be a brunch in the church hall right afterward. Tickets: $20 adults, $10 children. Everyone is welcome.
• St John AME Church: Rev Deyone Douglas and the St John church family invite you to join us at 41 Wilkinson Avenue, Hamilton Parish, for our 11am appreciation service honouring Rev Betty L. Furbert-Woolridge.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join our 2016 Annual Conference with services at 11.15am and 4pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke. The guest speaker is Rev Terry Hassell, of Heard Chapel AME Church. Lunch will be served along with refreshments in the afternoon. Additional parking is at Victor Scott School with a shuttle service to the church.
SATURDAY, May 28
• The Allen Temple Eva Richardson Missionary Society & PLP Constituency Branch 34 presents Walk for the Health of It Annual Walk & Health Fair. The walk starts at 7.30am with registration fee of $20. The health fair is from 10am to 1pm.
Sunday, May 29
• The First Church of God, 31 Angle Street, Hamilton is holding a young people’s service with the theme Child of God Sharing God’s Message at 11am. The speaker will be Sis Safiya Smith-Dyer.
• Grace Methodist Church, 167 North Shore: Prayer and Bible study at 10am with Rev D’Wain Wales.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone Hope Lowe on 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English) at 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Telephone 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people out to its 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church, at 23 Queen Street, St George, invites you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Telephone 297-0239 for more information.
• The Salvation Army in St George: Join them at 6 Governors Alley for their service at 11am and 6pm. During the week they have activities for all ages. Telephone 297-0267.
• Wesley Methodist Church, 41 Church Street, Hamilton: Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Telephone 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1pm to 4pm at Church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road in Southampton. Telephone 238-1080 or email@example.com. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am and morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George: Children of all ages invited to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church, 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset: Free giveaway of clothing and more on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray for individuals here and around the world.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset, is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Contact 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset, is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4pm until 6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at T.N. Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com. Telephone 537-6480.
• Peace Lutheran Church, 154 South Road, Paget: Homework time for middle school students. Free support/tutoring from 4pm to 5pm. For more information, call Pastor Karsten Decker, 236-5619.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for all ages at 7.30pm.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077 for more information.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George, has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more information, telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road, Pembroke: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship, Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. Check www.mtzion.bm for further details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join us for a brown bag Bible study every second and fourth Wednesday, beginning at 12.30pm. Bring your lunch while having your spirit fed through God’s word. Bibles are available. The study is for everyone so please bring a friend. See you there! Contact Rev Judith Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discussions on Bahá’í spiritual solutions to today’s problems, 6.30pm to 8pm. All welcome. Bahá’í National Centre, Brunswick Street, Hamilton.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs and Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, from 7.30pm to 9pm, 238-5983.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual upliftment classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• Starting May 27, from 10am to 2pm Heard Chapel AME Church 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke. Rosalie Johnson Missionary society distribution breakfast food items for families in need. Call 292-3949 for information.
Around Bermuda’s Churches is compiled by Heather Wood. E-mail notices and updates to email@example.com with the subject line “Around The Churches”