Women’s Day breakfast and services
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for our Women's Day continental breakfast in the lower Friendship Hall. Presentations will be made by The Women's Resource Centre, Teen Services and UnderKonstruction. The mistress of ceremonies will be Laurie Shiell of the Centre Against Abuse. Tickets are $15 each. Please contact Brenda Vanderpool on 337-4877 or the church office 293-0882.
• St Mary's Church: Annual Christmas Fair from 10am 4pm in St Mary's Church Hall, Middle Road, Warwick, across from the rubber tree. All are welcome.
• First Church of God Angle Street: Join us for our annual harvest service at 11am. Guest speaker Rev Larry Smith of Bethel AME Church.
• St Paul AME Church: Women's Day services at 10.55am and 4pm. Lunch will be served at 1pm. Lunch tickets are $20 and can be purchased in advance from the office.
• St James Anglican Church: Join us for our annual Thanksgiving takeout dinner at St James' Church Hall 5pm-7.30pm. Tickets, $20.
• Grace Methodist Church: 100 Women in White. Guest speaker Rev Ruth Van-Lowe Smith from Bethel AME Church. All are invited to join us at 167 North Shore Road at 3.30pm.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for our Women's Day services with guest preachers Rev Ruby Smith of New Testament Church of God at 11am and Rev Lashonna Smith of Mt Zion AME Church at 4pm.
• Beulah Tabernacle: Join us at 7.30pm as we celebrate Bishop Stephen Jones's 20th pastoral anniversary. Guest speaker will be Marcus Jones of Better Covenant Christian Fellowship. 4 Scott's Hill Road, Sandys (behind Sandys Secondary Middle School). Come and celebrate this wonderful occasion with us.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2
• Wesley Methodist Church: Countdown to Christmas. Handcrafted gift items and decorations, baked goods, plants and “white elephants”, tea and coffee and soup and sandwiches will be on sale from 10am to 2pm. Church Street, Hamilton.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
• Living Word Christian Fellowship: Jumpstart Christmas gifts table sale from 8.30am-4.30pm at Rehoboth Church Hall, Khyber Pass, Warwick (next to Amis funeral home). Baked goods, fudge, brittle, soup, rolls on sale. Reserve a table on 292-1057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church pre-Christmas Table Sale, from 9am to 4pm in Astwood Hall, Pink Church on the corner of Church and Court Streets across from Drive-in Bank. To Reserve a table, call 236-0188 or e-mail email@example.com. Gifts, baked goods and refreshments will be on sale.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Countdown to Christmas. Handcrafted gift items and decorations, baked goods, plants and “white elephants”, tea and coffee will be on sale from 10am to 2pm. Church Street, Hamilton.
• Beulah Tabernacle: Join us as we celebrate Bishop Stephen Jones's 20th pastoral anniversary with a semi-formal banquet at Pompano Beach Club, Southampton at 7pm. Tickets are $85 per person. Call Hannah Gibson on 300-5711 or Marcia Gilbert on 737-3146. Come and celebrate this wonderful occasion.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4
• Beulah Tabernacle: Join us at 4 Scott's Hill Road, Sandys (behind Sandys Secondary Middle School), as we celebrate Bishop Stephen Jones's 20th pastoral anniversary. Guest speaker for the 11am and 4pm services will be Bishop Victor Rush of Ebenezer Temple in Hartford, Connecticut. Come and celebrate this wonderful occasion with us.
• Grace Methodist Church, 167 North Shore: Prayer and Bible study at 10am with Rev D'Wain Wales.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English) 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George, invites you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239 for more information.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George, welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm. During the week they have activities for all ages. Telephone 297-0267 for more details.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites all children to Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George's invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a free giveaway of clothing and more on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm. Boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• Chapel-of-Ease Anglican Church St David's welcomes children to Sunday School at the hall every Sunday from 9-10am.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith's, invites all to attend its 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. For more information: 293-7045, email@example.com or www.facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch
• St Andrew's Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray for individuals here and around the world.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset, is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Please call 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith's will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset, is hosting Daily Bread's free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector's Hill, Smith's, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at T.N. Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480 for information.
• Peace Lutheran Church, 154 South Road, Paget: Homework time for middle school students. Free support/tutoring from 4pm to 5pm. For more information, call Pastor Karsten Decker on236-5619.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm
• Bahá'í National Centre, Brunswick Street: Devotional programme to foster the enlightenment and illumination of the souls of men and the advancement and betterment of our world. Held the first Sunday of the month at 11am, followed by a luncheon.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm. Boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for all ages at 7.30pm
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077 for more information.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George, has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more information, telephone 297-0239.
• St John's Church on St John's Road, Pembroke: Prayer meeting at 1pm
• Catalyst Men's Fellowship, Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church's weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew's Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets): Join us for a brown bag Bible study every second and fourth Wednesday, beginning at 12.30pm. Bring your lunch while having your spirit fed through God's word. Bibles are available. The study is for everyone so please bring a friend. See you there! You should get in touch with Rev Judith Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church, above, welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. For more information about all services and events, call the church office on 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Bahá'í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7-8.30pm at Bahá'í National Centre.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, from 7.30pm to 9pm, 238-5983.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith's, invites all to attend its Youth Night (Youth Choir, Praise Dance, Church School) from 6pm-9pm. For more information: 293-7045, email@example.com or www.facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual upliftment classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• From 10am to 2pm, Heard Chapel AME Church, 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke. Rosalie Johnson Missionary society distribution of breakfast food items for families in need. Call 292-3949 for more details.
• Around Bermuda's Churches is compiled by Heather Wood. E-mail notices to hwood@ royalgazette.com with the subject line “Around The Churches”