St James’s holds market mall
• St Philip AME Church: Join us at 8am for our Men’s Day prayer breakfast. Pastor Leroy Bean of Transfiguration Ministries will speak on Corinthians 12:8-10: Go, turn your weaknesses into strengths. Donations of $20 will be taken. 102 Harrington Sound, Smith’s. Telephone 293-0194 or 293-6629 for more information.
• St James’s Church: A market mall will be held at St James’s Church Hall, at 88 Somerset Road, Sandys, from 10am to 4pm. Tables cost $20. To book a spot, please telephone 234-0834 and leave a message.
• St Philip AME Church: Join our one-night revival at 7.30pm with Rev Jahkimmo Smith and Rev Lashonna Smith of Mt Zion AME Church, accompanied by the Mt Zion Male Voice Choir. 102 Harrington Sound, Smith’s. Telephone 293-0194 or 293-6629 for more information.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join our tournament at Ocean View Golf Course. Format is Captain’s Choice. Admission is $100 per person (four per team). 8am shotgun start. Contact Terry Hassell on 331-1365, Noel Hurst on 799-4979, Anthoni Lightbourne on 704-5343 or send an e-mail, email@example.com.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for our 11am service with Pastor Damon Hendrickson of Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church. Music Ministry provided by St Philip AME Church Male Choir and Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church. A luncheon will follow the morning worship. Donations of $20 will be taken. Pastor Clarke Minors will speak at our 4pm service. Music ministry will be provided by St Philip AME Church Male Choir, Miracle Temple Male Choir and Richard Allen and St John Combined Men’s Choir. The men’s ministry and family of St Philip extend a warm welcome to all. Come and receive a blessing!
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to our Women’s Day service at 10.30am. Rev Dr Emilygail Dill of Allen Temple AME Church will speak on the theme Building Community God’s Way. Celebrations continue at 4pm with our Festival of Women’s Choir. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Come and be blessed.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for our 117th anniversary service at 3.30pm at 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke. Brother Alfred Maybury will speak on the theme, Faith: It makes thing possible, not easy based on Joshua 1:9.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: The Ardent Workers of Heard Chapel AME Church will host a heritage concert at 7pm. Donations of $15 will be taken. All are welcome to join us at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
REGULAR EVENTS SATURDAYS
• Grace Methodist Church: 167 North Shore: Prayer and Bible study at 10am with Rev D’Wain Wales.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College each week for Sunday School at 10am, morning worship service at 11am and evening worship service at 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George, invites you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239 for more information.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George, welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm. During the week they have activities for all ages.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites all children to Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a free giveaway of clothing and more on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm. The boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• Chapel-of-Ease Anglican Church St David’s welcomes children to Sunday School at the hall from 9am to 10am. So why not take part?
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s invites all to attend its 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. For more information: 293-7045, email@example.com or www. facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch
• Heard Chapel: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school Sunday mornings at 9.45am and our worship service Sunday mornings at 11am. Rev Terry Hassell’s sermon topic this week is When Jesus Shows Up. Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study each Wednesday at 7pm and our YPD meeting each Friday at 7pm 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray for individuals.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset, is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Please call 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset, is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480 for information.
• Peace Lutheran Church, 154 South Road, Paget: Homework time for middle school students. Free support 4pm to 5pm. If you need more information, please call 236-5619.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm. Boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for all ages at 7.30pm.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for our midweek Bible class. All are welcome.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on phone number 297-2101 and 704-3077 for more information.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George, has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more details telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) Bible study, second and fourth Wednesdays of the month in the parlour at 5.30pm, led by Pastor Rev Judith Gardner. All are welcome.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. For details call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, from 7.30pm to 9pm, 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study every week from 2pm-3pm with lay minister Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s, invites all to attend its Youth Night (Youth Choir, Praise Dance, Church School) from 6pm-9pm. For more information: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook.comMarsdenFirst UnitedMethodistChurch
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual upliftment classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. For more details phone 294-4134.
• E-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to email@example.com with the subject line “Around The Churches”