Patton completes first Series victory
Campbell Patton claimed top honours in the JLT Winter Series Gold Fleet after he held off Peter Dill on the final weekend of racing in the Great Sound.
The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club’s series concluded with five races in near perfect sailing conditions in both the Gold and Silver fleet.
Patton took home his first series victory in the 15 boat Gold fleet, winning the fourteen race Series II with 45 points, with Dill hot on his heels in second with 51 points.
Matilda Nicholls was third with 70 points.
In the tightly packed 14 boat Silver fleet, George Buckely edged out Adriana Pennruddocke by two points by capturing three bullets out of the five races on Sunday.
Alice Reeves was a close third after breaking a tie with Thomas Pennruddoke.
Both were only two points back from second place with 36 points.
The Combined Trophy, which bundles both series I and II and both Gold and Silver fleets, was won by Campbell Patton by a comfortable margin over 28 other sailors. Matilda Nicholls was second and Kieran Swan was third.
Steve Arrowsmith, Chairman of JLT Insurance Management was on hand to present the prizes to the winning sailors along with RBYC Rear Commodore Leatrice Roman.
A total of 29 sailors took part in the series which began earlier in the month.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service