Hood brush aside Colts to advance to semis
Three goals from three different players helped Robin Hood propel themselves into the semi-finals of the FA Cup after defeating Devonshire Colts at BAA Field.
Lavintz Tota, Joshua Crockwell and skipper Teddy Terceira scored for the hosts in last night's replay to put Hood's name in the hat for the next round draw.
“It was a great win, it gets us to the semi-finals and we are excited and we will push on from here,” said Terceira. “The FA Cup is important regardless of what division your playing in; we are thrilled to have come this far and I feel we deserve to be where we are right now and we'll see how it goes from here.
“All the teams left in the competition are quality so we'll see how it will go in the draw.”
The first goal came as early as the 13th minute when Tota finished spectacularly from a Dwyer Blyden cross to send his side on their way.
Colts had the next chance, but a clever curling shot from Carlos Trott was well saved by Timmy Figuerido in goal for the hosts.
In what turned out to be a midfield battle, it was Terceira who got the all-important second goal of the game in the 70th minute when he headed home a Blyden corner. The tie was ended as a contest when Crockwell slotted home from close range past goalkeeper Greg Rose.
Robin Hood: T Figuerido, D Blyden, A Wolffe, J Duffy, K Robinson, T Terceira, D Bascome, L Tota, C Watson, D Outerbridge, J Crockwell
Substitutes not used: M Thomas, M Hunt, M Watson, B Robinson, M Pace
Goals: Tota, 13, Terceira, 70, Crockwell, 76
Devonshire Colts: G Rose, C Trott (O Ray, 65), T Foote, D Williams, E Wilkin, J Butterfield, N Bascome, V Lambe, Jahi Samuels, E Weldon, K Gardener (J Khan, 65)
Substitutes not used: T Smith, J Astwood, Z Darrell, R Williams, C Maybury
Referee: A Francis
Man of the Match: D Blyden (Hood)
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service