Wells continues scoring form
Nahki Wells has nudged a step closer to reaching his target of double figures in the goalscoring stakes.
The Bradford City striker struck in his side’s 1-1 draw at home against Accrington Stanley in League Two action on Tuesday.
Will Hatfield’s last-minute goal won Accrington a point and left Bradford without a home victory this year.
Wells, who has two goals in his last three games, put the Bantams in front when he collected Lee Bullock’s long pass before cutting in and scoring with an effort that went in off the bar.
But substitute Hatfield, who had only been on the pitch for five minutes levelled with a shot at the far post following Kevin McIntyre’s corner.
The result means Bradford have drawn each of their last five home games.
Bradford City’s assistant manager Steve Parkin praised Wells’ smart finish.
“Accrington were bright in the first half and we were slightly off the pace. We asked the players to pass the ball better in the second half and I thought we did that really well. Nahki Wells scored a great goal it was a super finish.
“We have become a very difficult team to beat at home, but we have had two or three draws that could have been wins and that is frustrating to say the least.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service