Only way is up for Wolves
Wolves skipper Jared Peniston is adamant that his side can only get better as they head into the final strait of their season with both league and FA Cup matches on the horizon.
The newly crowned First Division champions wrapped up the title officially last weekend and will enter their match against Devonshire Colts at Police Field with nothing less than a party mood.
For Peniston, the match this weekend presents itself as a time to enjoy the rewards of hard work whilst also preparing for their FA Cup match next weekend.
“It feels good to win the title, Wolves having been waiting for this to happen for quite some time now,” said Peniston. “John Barry Nusum as a young coach brings his knowledge and experience that he has gained to the team and we can only get better.”
The first real test for the promoted side won’t have to wait until next year, but rather their FA Cup semi final at Bernard Park in a week’s time when they clash with Digicel Premier Division champions Dandy Town for the right to play for the historical showpiece.
Losing once all season in their league campaign, to fellow promoted side Flanagan’s, shows the pedigree the side has in its ranks.
While the odds were clearly stacked against them, the former Dandy Town skipper believes the future looks bright for club regardless of the outcome of the match.
“I believe Wolves can survive in top flight if we remain humble and focus. Just like any other team we want and need to strengthen Wolves. The stronger you are, the better chance you have to survive.
“Our success this season was guys came to each game focus with one goal on their mind; promotion.
“Now the real test for us is on April 1 when we play the premier league Champions Dandy Town in the FA Cup semi final.
“Both teams has had successful seasons in our respective leagues so I believe this will be a great game.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service