Bermuda women advance to final qualifying
The Bermuda Under-20 women's team have been pitted against Haiti, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic for the final qualifying round ahead of the Concacaf Women's Under-20 Championships.
Bermuda's beat St Kitts and Nevis 7-0 and drew against the Dominican Republic 2-2 to finish top of their group on goal difference in their World Cup qualifiers in the Dominican Republic last week.
Bermuda will compete in group A, with the games to be held in Haiti in October. Three spots are up for grabs for the under-20 Championships, which will be held in Honduras in December.
Meanwhile, the Bermuda under-15 boys' team are taking part in a five-nation tournament in Mexico City this week. They play Panama today, Mexico tomorrow, Qatar on Friday, and Canada on Saturday.
n Bascome Enterprise are holding a pro combine this month to give players an opportunity to be considered for a chance at playing football in the United States.
Open to players aged between 18 and 25, the combine, which costs $100 to attend will take place on August 22 and 23 at BFA field.
For more information contact Jakisha Douglas at 747-5589.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service