Kigotho claims 10 Mile Challenge win
Kenyan runner Gideon Kigotho reigned supreme in yesterday’s RenaissanceRe 5/10 Mile Challenge.
Kigotho, who won the Validus Re Running of the Bulls race last month, finished the 10 mile event in a time of one hour, two minutes and 27 seconds, some 29 seconds ahead of runner-up Geoff Blee.
In third was Davis Mwangi who crossed the finish line in 1:03:15.
The fastest female was Kristyn Robinson ((1:09:35) while May 24 champion Deon Breary came second in 1:09:35.
The race is one of the Island’s longest-running, the first having been held in 1980 under a different sponsor, Perrier.
In conjunction with the main event was a five-miler in which Gary Raynor took the honours in a time of 27.52. First female was Jennifer Alen in 32.19.
Full race results, see Page 12.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service