BLTA to host second William Way tourney
The second annual William Way Memorial Tournament will be held at the WER Joell Tennis Stadium from May 2-11.
Held in the honour of former Bermuda Lawn Tennis Association (BLTA) president William Way, the tournament will be the first major competition of the tennis season.
Last year’s winners were Gavin Manders (men’s singes) and Jackie Lambert (ladies singles).
BLTA vice-president Jill Butterfield is hoping for a bumper turnout for this year’s event.
“It’s the first big tournament of the year so hopefully we will get a big entry,” she said.
“Last year’s winners were Gavin Manders (men’s singles) and Jackie Lambert (ladies singles), but I don’t think Gavin will be able to play this year I hope Jackie will be.
She added: “Bill Way was very, very well-known in tennis circles. He ran most of the events on the Island for many years.”
A dinner and disco will be held at Pomander Gate after the tournament’s prize-giving on Saturday, May 11.
Tickets cost $60 and includes dinner and two drinks.
The deadline for entries is 6pm on Saturday. For more details visit www.blta.bm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service