Girls’ team lose group matches
Bermuda's Under-14 girls' team lost their two group A matches in the WJT World Team Junior Tennis Competition in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
The girls' team went down 3-0 to Guatemala in their first match on Tuesday.
Guatemala, the top seeds, were fresh off a 3-0 win over Honduras on Monday. Jae Gibbons lost her singles match to Anika Lemus 6-0, 6-0 before Asia-leigh Hollis went down to Mariela Fortuny by the same score. The doubles pair of Hollis and Kumani Jackson lost 6-0, 6-1 to Fortuny and Lemus.
Yesterday, Bermuda lost 3-0 to Honduras, with Gibbons losing 6-0, 6-0 to Isabella Alvarez and Hollis going down 6-1, 6-0 to Victoria Ararico in the other singles match.
Hollis and Jackson put up some resistance in the doubles, losing the first set 6-4 to Aparicio and Sihan Richmagui before going down 6-2 in the second set. Bermuda will play Trinidad and Tobago, the bottom team from group D, in the ninth-place play-off match today.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service