KPMG Round the Grounds Junior Race makes comeback
The KPMG Round the Grounds junior race is set to make a spectacular comeback.
Organisers KPMG and Mid-Atlantic Athletic Club have announced that the popular event will take place at Botanical Gardens on March 12 after a break of two years.
“Round the Grounds is always a highlight on the KPMG calendar, so come out and have some fun,” organisers urged the public in a press release.
The age group races will start at 1pm with four-year-olds competing on a 400-metre course, six-year-olds over 700 metres, while competitors eight-years and older will battle it out on a mile-long course at the Paget venue.
Organisers have also thrown out a challenge to male and female runners aged 13 to 16 to break the record in their respective categories and claim a $100 cash prize on offer.
The male record stands at 4 min 58.99sec and female at 6min 4.52 sec with both marks set in 2018.
In addition, all competitors will receive a participation medal following their race and have been urged to join their families and friends to partake and enjoy all the activities taking place on race day, including crafts organised by Masterworks, a bouncy castle and a variety of food and treats.
Those interested can register online at www.racedayworld.com before the registration deadline expires at 5pm on March 10.
Participants can collect their registration number in the lobby of KPMG’s Par-la-Ville Road offices on March 11 between the hours of 10am and 1pm. No registration will be accepted on the day but participants are allowed to collect their number.
Runners are encouraged to arrive early to ensure they have ample time to prepare for their race to avoid any delays as the roads and parking at the event is expected to become busy.
For further details contact Kyra Beach either at 294-0744, 295 -5063 or email@example.com.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service