Hundreds of juniors take on KPMG Round the Grounds race
Hundreds of youngsters put on their running shoes to take part in the KPMG Round the Grounds Junior race, which made a welcome return to the Botanical gardens after a two-year hiatus.
A total of eight different age group races were held, with the four and five-year-olds taking on a 400-metres course, six-year-olds running the 700-metre course and eight and older tackling the one-mile course.
In the combined 13-16 race, Jake Smith came out on top in a winning time of 4min 58.42sec to claim victory ahead of Christian Piney (5:07.27) with Gianluca Bortoli completing the podium places in 5:10.77.
There was also success for Conor O'Sullivan in the combined 11-12 race, crossing the line in 5:27.33, to finish ahead of Chavi Pacheco Hill (5:34.23) and Harrison Estwanik (5:39.13).
Sami Luber claimed victory in the boy’s 9-10 race, winning in 5:49.26, ahead of Christian Phillips (5:56.23), while Sukanya Jobson won the corresponding girl’s race, finishing in 6:02.13, comfortably ahead of Elena Bortoli in 6:22.42.
In the eight year-old boys race Khaleef Daley crossed the line in a winning time of 5:59.69 with Shanzae Smith finishing second in 6:09.66. In the girl’s race Ivy Pena (6:49.24) claimed victory ahead of Peggy Forster (6:55.92).
Desani Samuels (3:02.11) and Nylah Hollis (3:18.75) crossed the line first in the boy’s and girls seven year-old races respectively, while Ted Brogden (3:22.62) and Myi’a Caisey (3:33.61) did likewise in the six year-old age category races.
Winners of the boys’ and girls’ five year-old race were Carter Anderson (1:34.33) and Nea Fosker (1:35.83) respectively, while Neymar Mullings (1:53.50) and Raelyn Robinson (1:48.53) came out on top in the four year-old races.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service